nainaṁ chhindanti śhastrāṇi nainaṁ dahati pāvakaḥ
Today, I started the day, chanting the maha mantra and doing a small Arati, later, I prepared Alejandro's breakfast. Nancy and I noticed that the kitchen sink was clogged, and Nancy asked me if I could go to the store and purchase a plunger. Nancy made coffee after we had a small breakfast. I went to the store and bough 2 delicious Colombian Papayas. and a bunch of Colombian bananas and I had to wait until around 10am for the store that usually sales plungers to be opened. I returned to the house, and Nancy, was upstairs getting Alejandro ready to start another day. Nancy shaved Alejandro, she cut his toe nails and gave him a dry bath and brushed his teeth.
I started making another delicious Colombian vegetarian lunch. Today, I prepared Colombian cumin lentil soup, Colombian vegetable brown rice , Colombian sauteed saffron garlic potatoes with carrots and tomato , and a small lime lettuce salad.
A friend of Nancy by the name of ORFA came to visit Nancy and Alejandro and she brought traditional Colombian cheese bread 'Pandebonos' for Nancy and Alejandro. They both sat at the dinner table. I served Nancy and ORFA a glass of Colombian 'Aromotica' a Colombian Tonic. I proceeded to plate the scrumptious Colombian vegetarian lunch. I offered the prasadam to the deities at the altar and then proceeded to serve Lunch for ORFA and Nancy, I served them a generous portion of the cumin lentil soup, and then I started to plate the Colombian vegetable brown rice, Colombian sauteed saffron garlic potatoes with carrots and tomato, and a small side of Colombian lime lettuce salad.
Alejandro came downstairs and started to reproach the fact that ORFA was having lunch with Nancy, Alejandro, said to ORFA, Chao! Chao! ( this is the way that Alejandro tells people to leave the house) I had to stop what I was doing in the kitchen and I did my best to distract Alejandro, because he has a very intimidating habit of grabbing people's face. I managed to pulled him away from ORFA and showed him the bowl of Cumin lentil soup that I had served him.
He did not want to leave ORFA alone, and Alejandro kept saying Chao! Chao! I grab his arm and motioned him upstairs, and he finally went upstairs with me but he was very upset. I asked him to wait until I got the rest of his food but he kept trying to go back downstairs to annoy ORFA and to ask her to leave. He kept saying Chao! Chao!. I managed to serve Nancy and ORFA the rest of the prasadam, and went back upstairs, finally, I was able to have Alejandro calm down by asking him to hug me. Alejandro was so upset with ORFA and he accidentally spilled some of the cumin lentil soup on his bedsheet. Alejandro usually eats by himself but this time I had to feed him. ORFA left very shortly after. I went to check on Alejandro and to clean up the spill of cumin letil soup on his bed sheets. He seemed upset with me because I pulled away from ORFA. I gave him another hug and Alejandro bit my left arm.
I, administered medication for Alejandro today, for the first time, two capsules of VALCOTE. One of Nancy's arts and crafts students by the name of GLORIA came this afternoon, and Alejandro's speech doctor BRIDGETTE came to see him today, she managed to do some speech exercises with Alejandro, before Alejandro said, Chao! Chao! to BRIDGETTE. The Speech therapist BRIDGETTE, cut her therapy short, and rapped it up before Alejandro started physically fighting with her. Alejandro's fighting methods includes head budding, biting, and punching . Alejandro’s physical therapist an Afro America male by the name of FRANKLIN came in this afternoon and gave Alejandro a therapy seccion . Alejandro, Nancy and I will be walking Alejandro once again in the evening.
One of Alejandro's primary care physician advised Nancy that in order to help Alejandro not to gain anymore weight ( Alejandro weighs 200lbs plus) Nancy has to divide a large plate of food intended for a grown adult male into three portions, and this is what I am attempting to do currently. So far, I have brought down his eating habits to a total of 5 servings of food first meal being the breakfast and a Big lunch served into 3 servings of small quantities of food plus an additional snack after we return from walking in the evening.
Alejandro was forcing Nancy and his caregiver to serve him large plates of food through out the day. I must confess it is not easy to get him to stop asking for food. Nancy sometimes has to hide from him because every time Alejandro sees Nancy he says. Comer!Comer!Comer! Eat! Eat! Eat! Jai Sri Rhade IMAAN! Jai Gurudev Chaitanya IMAAN Nythiananda Mahaprabhu! Infinite Ocean Of mercy, I am your enternal faithful servant! Haribol!
No comments:
Post a Comment